The balance of everything

Monday, December 12, 2011

It is reported that Wahb ben Munabbih (Rahimahu Allah) said:
" A scholar once asked another grater that him in knowledge, How much should I build? He replied : As much as shelters you from the sun and the rain. He asked: How much food should I eat? He replied: More than what keeps you hungry and less that what makes you full. He asked: How much should I wear? He replied:as the Messiah (Jesus) did.He asked: How much should I laugh? He replied: As much as appears in your face but does not make audible your voice. He asked: How much should I cry? He replied:Never tire from crying out of the fear of Allah.He asked :How much should I hide my deeds? He replied :Until people think you had not done a good deed. He asked: How much should I make public my deeds? He replied as much as will let the keen follow your example but not have the people talk about you."

Wahb said: "Everything has two ends. If you grab one end , the other will slant , but if you take the middle , both ends will balance. Stick to the balanced middle in the all affairs."

SOURCE: Abû Nu’aym, Hilyatu Al-Awliyâ` 4:45.


0 comments: